Location: Henley in Arden, Warwickshire
Base: Office based with flexible working hours
Salary: Minimum wage
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Office is open between 8am and 6pm
We are a growing accountancy firm and have requirement for a Apprentice Accountant to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects and development.
This position will particularly suit you if you are interested in accountancy and looking to study towards your level 1 AAT and beyond. You’ll gain access to a broad variety of client work to broaden your skills as you progress towards more senior roles. You will have some experience in preparing accounts along with demonstrable software skills and knowledge in using desktop and cloud accounting software.
You will provide assistance with the preparation and delivery of accounts and other services to mixed and wide range of owner managed businesses and corporate clients. You will appraise financial information for the preparation of full accounts and management information and prepare and present financial information for management purposes.
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly
- Inspire confidence in senior staff reducing the need to monitor and supervise work
- Fast learner and able to continue working under pressure
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within deadlines
- Have 1 – 2 years or more experience in practice and be looking to further career within a growing firm of chartered accountants
- Strong background in QuickBooks and Xero. Experience using Sage, ReceiptBank and other accounting software will be beneficial.
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays, excluding bank holidays
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Study support
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter and 2-page CV. Kindly ensure Apprentice Accountant is included in the email subject