Job Title: Account Semi Senior
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Base: Office based with opportunity to work once a week from home
Salary: Competitive +Excellent benefits
Closes: 1 March 2019
Contract type: Fixed term, permanent, full or part time
Hours: Office is open between 8am and 6pm
Accounts Semi Senior
We are a growing firm of accountancy practices and have requirement for an Accounts Semi Senior
to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
The Accounting Club is a network of accountancy firms with practices in Warwickshire, West
Midlands and North West.
This role will be primarily based in Birmingham, with travel expected to our other locations.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business
advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects
You will be experienced within an accountancy practice as part qualified / finalist ACCA or ACA, with
significant experience gained in preparing accounts along with demonstrable software skills and
knowledge in using desktop and cloud accounting software.
You will provide assistance with the preparation and delivery of accounts and other services to
mixed and wide range of owner managed businesses and corporate clients. You will appraise
financial information for the preparation of full accounts and management information and prepare
and present financial information for management purposes.
You will be involved with bringing accounts to partner review stage with regards to preparation of
accounts for sole traders, companies and charities, preparation of income tax and corporation tax
returns for variety of clients, review of PAYE and VAT returns prepared by junior staff.
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office.
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly.
- Inspire confidence in senior staff reducing the need to monitor and supervise work.
- Fast learner and able to continue working under pressure.
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work.
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding.
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner.
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within
- Have 2 – 3 years or more experience in practice and be looking to further career within a
growing firm of chartered accountants.
- Strong background in QuickBooks and Xero. Experience using Sage, ReceiptBank and other
accounting software will be beneficial.
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to
undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter and 2 page CV on or
before 1st March 2019.