Base: Office, flexible working hours, remote working
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000
Contract type: Permanent
We are a growing accountancy firm and have requirement for a Practice Manager to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects and development.
You will be experienced as qualified ACCA or ACA, with significant experience working in an accountancy practice along with demonstrable experience of managing staff and own workload along with software skills and knowledge in using desktop and cloud accounting software.
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly
- Ability to speak Yoruba language
- Inspire confidence in senior staff reducing the need to monitor and supervise work
- Fast learner and able to continue working under pressure
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within deadlines
- Have 4 years or more experience in practice and be looking to further career within a growing firm of chartered accountants
- Strong background in QuickBooks and Xero. Experience using Sage, Dext and other accounting software will be beneficial.
Reporting directly to the company director, the job will entail:
- Responsibility for staff and client matters – interviews, inductions, progress meetings, wellbeing, training, career development, and study support.
- Management of day-to-day operations – e.g., organising work plans, new clients / allocations, compliance deadlines, regulatory compliance etc.
- Control of a niche portfolio of clients, ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met and liaising with other teams on compliance and new service lines as needed.
- Managing the onboarding of clients and maintaining excellent relations with clients, acting as the main point of contact, responding effectively to any queries in a timely manner and resolving any issues.
- Review and monitoring of team timesheets to ensure they are accurate.
- Identifying and implementing new standards/ processes and control systems.
- Preparation of engagement letters for review.
- Reviewing accounts and returns prepared by the accounts team.
- Providing business advice to clients
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays, excluding bank holidays
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Study support
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, with a covering letter and CV with no more than 3 pages. Kindly ensure “Practice Manager” is included in the email subject