Location: Coventry and Henley in Arden
Base: Office based with flexible working hours
Salary: Competitive (Depending on experience)
Contract type: Permanent, full or part time
Hours: Office is open between 8am and 6pm
We are a growing accountancy firm and have requirement for a Semi Senior accountant to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects and development.
You will be experienced within an accountancy practice as AAT qualified of part qualified / finalist ACCA or ACA, with significant experience gained in preparing accounts along with demonstrable software skills and knowledge in using desktop and cloud accounting software.
The job will entail:
- providing assistance with the preparation and delivery of accounts and other services to mixed and wide range of owner managed businesses and corporate clients.
- appraising financial information for the preparation of full accounts and management information.
- bringing accounts to partner review stage with regards to preparation of accounts for sole traders, companies and charities, preparation of income tax and corporation tax returns for variety of clients
- reviewing of PAYE and VAT returns prepared by junior staff.
- attending client meetings to assess client needs and promote the services of the firm.
- assisting in the delivery of exciting ad-hoc projects
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly
- Inspire confidence in senior staff reducing the need to monitor and supervise work
- Fast learner and able to continue working under pressure
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within deadlines
- Have 2 – 3 years or more experience in practice and be looking to further career within a growing firm of chartered accountants
- Strong background in QuickBooks and Xero. Experience using Sage, ReceiptBank and other accounting software will be beneficial.
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays, excluding bank holidays
- 3% Employer Pension Contribution
- Study support
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter and 2-page CV. Kindly ensure Semi Senior is included in the email subject