Base: Office based, flexible working hours, remote working
Salary: £25,000 to £34,000
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Office is open between 8am and 6pm
We are a growing accountancy firm and have requirement for a Senior Accountant to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects and development.
You will be experienced within an accountancy practice as qualified / part qualifed AAT, ACCA or ACA, with significant experience gained in preparing accounts along with demonstrable software skills and knowledge in using desktop and cloud accounting software.
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly
- Inspire confidence in senior staff reducing the need to monitor and supervise work
- Fast learner and able to continue working under pressure
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within deadlines
- Have 3 years or more experience in practice and be looking to further career within a growing firm of chartered accountants
- Strong background in QuickBooks and Xero. Experience using Sage, Dext and other accounting software will be beneficial.
The job will entail:
- Acting as first point of contact for a small portfolio of clients.
- Preparing / reviewing statutory accounts for sole traders, limited companies, trusts, charities and partnerships.
- Assisting clients with cash flow, budgeting and general tax advice.
- Reviewing and finalising VAT Returns prepared by accounts production team.
- Reviewing and finalising Tax Returns (personal tax, corporate tax, and payroll).
- Assisting and advising clients with day-to-day queries.
- Ad hoc project work.
- Supervising and managing the accounts productions team and delegating work where necessary.
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays, excluding bank holidays
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Study support
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, with a covering letter and CV with no more than 3 pages. Kindly ensure “Senior Accountant” is included in the email subject