Base: Office based, flexible working hours
Salary: £23,600 to £35,000
Contract type: Permanent
Closing Date: 16 January 2024
Business Development Executive
We are a growing accountancy firm and have requirement for a Business Development Executive to join our highly regarded and well growing team.
With many years of experience in professional services covering accounting, taxation and business advice services, we offer great and superb opportunity for exposure, career progression prospects and development.
As a Business Development Executive, you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with our clients. You will be responsible for managing existing accounts, identifying new business opportunities, and ensuring customer satisfaction with our services.
To be successful when applying, the below requirements are essential:
- Good computer skills, with sound background and knowledge in MS Office
- Managing own time effectively and providing high quality work and responses promptly
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- Great communication skills, self-discipline and strong team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy in their work
- Demonstrates listening and questioning skills to gain full understanding
- Presents technical information in a clear, concise and confident manner
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks require can be completed within deadlines
Reporting directly to the company director, the job will entail:
- Build and maintain client relationships by understanding their needs and objectives
- Generate leads through various channels, including cold calling, networking, and industry events.
- Identify and develop opportunities for account growth, upselling, and cross-selling our packaging products and services.
- Management of day-to-day operations – e.g., organising work plans, new clients / allocations, compliance deadlines, regulatory compliance etc.
- Control of a niche portfolio of clients, ensuring all client reporting and payment deadlines are met and liaising with other teams on compliance and new service lines as needed.
- Managing the onboarding of clients and maintaining excellent relations with clients, acting as the main point of contact, responding effectively to any queries in a timely manner and resolving any issues.
- Review and monitoring of team timesheets to ensure they are accurate.
- Identifying and implementing new standards/ processes and control systems.
- Preparation of engagement letters for review.
The role will be busy and varied and requires a self-motivated and client friendly individual, willing to undertake all aspects associated with a small practice.
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holidays, excluding bank holidays
- 6% Employer Pension Contribution
- Study support
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a covering letter and CV with no more than 3 pages. Kindly ensure “Business Development Executive” is included in the email subject